Getting to ….
S14 29.376 E40 40.875
BY ROAD: (about 2 hrs from Nampula)
- Leave Nampula heading towards Nacala-Bay/Nacala-Porto taking the EN 8.
- After reaching Namiallo, continue on the EN 8 for a further 100 Kms.
- Pass the turn off to the left for Nacala Velha, and continue for a further 7Kms.
- The road forks, take the right fork. After 2 Kms, take the turning to the right. (A large tarred road to Fernao Veloso) If you reach the BP Station, you have gone too far.
- Continue on this road for approx. 10 Kms, and you will see the sign for LIBÉLULA to your left, just after the new airport signs.
- Follow the dirt road down the hill, and follow the signs for LIBÉLULA as you reach the bottom.
- A chapa (the local minibus service) is also available from Nampula to Nacala, departing Nampula Bus Station. (This should cost around 250Mts / 7USD)
- We can also organise a private transfer for you, but please contact us to confirm transfer cost and arrangements.
- It is possible to fly to Nampula from Johannesburg, Maputo, Beira, Pemba. These are available through LAM (www.flylam.co.za), SAA (www.flysaa.com)
- Once in Nampula, chapa services are available, or we can organise a transfer for you, but please contact us to confirm the transfer cost and arrangements.
DIRECT FLIGHTS TO NACALA FROM MAPUTO ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. ONCE THE AIRPORT HAS BEEN OPENED FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS THERE WILL BE ROUTES RUNNING FROM JOHANNESBURG AND ELSEWHERE.
WE OFFER A FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM NACALA AIRPORT TO/FROM LIBELULA.